Pradaxa Internal Bleeding Lawyers
Pradaxa is a newer blood thinner that is used to prevent blood clots and strokes in patients with atrial fibrillation. Pradaxa has become increasingly popular since it was FDA approved in 2010, but recent studies and deaths have confirmed that Pradaxa patients face an increased risk of potentially fatal internal bleeding.
If you have been injured as a result of Pradaxa internal bleeding, or if Pradaxa internal bleeding caused the death of your loved one, you may be able to recover compensation in a lawsuit. Contact our Pradaxa internal bleeding lawyers today to learn more about your claim.
Contact us today to discuss your Pradaxa internal bleeding claim with a respected lawyer. We offer:
- Private consultations with a Pradaxa attorney, free of charge
- A promise to charge no legal fees unless your claim results in success
- Flexible appointments
- Home and hospital visits
Pradaxa Internal Bleeding
According to Boehringer Ingelheim, maker of Pradaxa, more than 260 deaths from Pradaxa internal bleeding have been reported since the drug entered the market in 2010. Some of the following injuries caused by Pradaxa include:
- Gastrointestinal bleeding or hemorrhage
- Kidney bleeding or hemorrhage
- Brain/Cerebral bleeding or hemorrhage
- Pulmonary bleeding or hemorrhage
- Retinal bleeding or hemorrhage
Certain patients are at a higher risk for Pradaxa internal bleeding. Factors that may increase the risk of internal bleeding include:
- Other health conditions: Intestinal bleeding issues and stomach ulcers may increase the likelihood of a Pradaxa hemorrhage.
- Kidney problems: impaired renal function may make it difficult for a person’s body to process and expel Pradaxa, causing higher levels of Pradaxa in the body. This can elevate the risk of severe internal bleeding.
- Medications: certain medications, including non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) or aspirin, may increase the risk of Pradaxa internal bleeding.
- Age of patient: patients who are over the age of 75 may face a higher risk of Pradaxa-induced hemorrhage.
Pradaxa Internal Bleeding Lawsuits
Pradaxa labels do include information warning patients about the potential for internal bleeding, but some lawyers feel that this warning is not prominent enough. While all anticoagulants can contribute to a higher risk of internal bleeding, there is no reversal agent for Pradaxa hemorrhages as there is with some of the other blood thinners. Some view the release of Pradaxa without an internal bleeding reversal agent was negligent on the part of the drug maker. Based on these allegations, many Pradaxa internal bleeding victims have opted to file a dangerous drug lawsuit for financial compensation. Our Pradaxa lawyers have extensive experience in dangerous drug litigation and can help our clients receive the justice they deserve.
Contact a Pradaxa Lawyer
If you or someone you love has suffered as a result of Pradaxa internal bleeding, you should be aware of your potential right to compensation for your damages in a Pradaxa lawsuit. Contact a Pradaxa lawyer at our firm to get more information about dangerous drug lawsuits and your potential claim in a free legal consultation.